Providing continuous legal services to the residents of Western North Carolina since 1878, Jones, Key, Melvin & Patton, P.A., is a full service, general practice firm whose Partners and Associates actively participate in professional, governmental, political, and community affairs.
Richard S. Jones, Jr.
Fred H. Jones
Richard F. Melvin
April L. Sgro
George Andrew Jones commenced the practice of law in Franklin, Macon County, North Carolina, in the year 1878. He was thereafter associated with, or followed in the practice by three of his sons, his grandson and in the year 1992, by his great-grandson. The law firm founded by Judge Jones has been continuous in its service to the western part of North Carolina for more than 138 years and has expanded in number, in order to create a full service, general practice firm. The Partners and Associates participate in professional, governmental, political and community affairs and actively provide leadership in all such areas.