Our Legacy of Legal Service

 

The Jones Family has served the legal needs of Macon County and Western North Carolina for four consecutive generations, beginning in 1878 and continuing through today.  By providing assistance to individual clients, governmental agencies, local organizations, and businesses, we have helped to shape the future of our region.  Along with sense of heritage and philanthropic service to our community, commitment to honor and excellence set us apart from others in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina.

Our Legacy of Legal Service

 

In one word:  Commitment.

 

The Jones Family has served the legal needs of Macon County and western North Carolina for four consecutive generations, beginning in 1878 and continuing through today.

 

George Andrew Jones commenced the practice of law in Franklin, Macon County, North Carolina, in the year 1878.  He was thereafter associated with, or followed in the practice by three of his sons, his grandson, and in the year 1992, by his great-grandson.  The law firm founded by Judge Jones has been continuous in its service to the western part of North Carolina for more than 142 years and is a full service, general practice firm.  The Partners and Associates participate in professional, governmental, political, and community affairs and actively provide leadership in all such areas.

 

George Andrew Jones

1878 - 1906

Richard S. Jones, Sr.
1925 - 1972
George Lyle Jones
1906 - 1920

Richard S. Jones, Jr.
1961-present

Gilmer Andrew Jones
1918 - 1963
Fred H. Jones
1992-present

Professional Associations

Jones, Key, Melvin & Patton, PA


Tel: 828.524.4444

Fax: 828.369.7343
Email: info@joneskey.com


Address​​​​​​: 61 East Main Street

Franklin, NC  28734